Snapchat is gearing up to join the likes of Facebook and Twitter as a publicly traded company. Currently valued between $20 and $25 billion, the growing photo-based social network is scheduled to have one of the biggest tech IPOs in years.
Now that Snapchat is slated to position itself at the center of the mainstream for years to come, it’s time for all marketers to harness its power and strengthen their brands. MarketingProfs recently published a really cool infographic outlining How Marketers Can Use Snapchat in 2017, and here are some of the key takeaways:
- According to Statista, there were 150 million Snapchat users in June 2016.
- The average amount of daily in-app time per Snapchat user is 25 minutes.
- Approximately 45% of Snapchat users post Snapchat stories.
- Projected Snapchat revenue in 2017 is $935.46 million.
While these stats are certainly compelling for the IPO, what does it all mean for marketing professionals? According to MarketingProfs, Snapchat offers four unique ways to help a brand stand out from the crowd:
- Newly added features provide additional tools for creative marketing professionals.
- Temporary content commands attention from a target audience.
- Snapchat followers are considered brand evangelists.
- Millennials are less affected by traditional marketing techniques and much more likely to pay attention to Snapchat content.
Snapchat’s user base is expected to grow an additional 15% during the course of 2017. Don’t you think it’s time to have your presence felt? Get in touch with PBJ Marketing today and we can show you how to build your brand’s social media infrastructure from the ground up.
Contact PBJ Marketing