Digital marketing can be tedious, but with the help of the seasoned team at PBJ Marketing, you can navigate the process with expert precision.
Frequently, marketing professionals will tell you what to do to maximize your digital marketing efforts, bus today we’re going to highlight some common digital marketing blunders and how to avoid them.
- No clear campaign goals – When you’re establishing your brand’s social media presence and content strategy, it’s easy just to go for it. Instead, set clear campaign goals and work towards them.
- Forgetting your target audience – Think long and hard about who is buying your products and services. Your digital marketing efforts should speak to these individuals.
- Shedding the customer-centric mindset – Utilizing data is the best way to personalize, target, and journey map your customers’ interactions with your content – take advantage!
- Keeping it too professional – Prospective customers and clients are savvy shoppers and can easily see through your sales pitch. Instead, adopt an authentic voice and try to make a personal connection with your digital marketing efforts.
- Ignoring mobile users – 2015 was the tipping point for mobile and desktop users, as mobile now accounts for 62% of all digital media time. Ensure your site is optimized for mobile use, or better yet, let PBJ help you develop your very own app.
- Being anti-social on social media – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are powerful marketing tools and enable a platform to have personal exchanges with customers and clients. An active social media presence nurtures a deeper relationship and positively impacts your business in the long run.
Learn more about digital marketing mistakes and how to avoid them at CIO.com