Google has announced additions to its search results, which could change the game for SEO considerably.
It seems like almost every day major websites announce changes to the ways their sites operate. Last week we highlighted three major changes scheduled to take hold on Twitter, and now Google has announced additions to its search results, which could change the game for SEO considerably.
In a Google+ post, the web giant announced that in the near future both Vine videos and Pinterest Pins would be listed directly in search result pages. With an influx of content appearing in search results, brands have yet another reason to target Cross-Channel Optimization moving forward.
What is Cross-Channel Optimization?
In a recent blog post from Dana Fornasar, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Cobalt, Cross-Channel Optimization boils down to the following:
- A multi-channel advertising strategy spreads your dealership’s message across consumer channels – in digital, this usually spans paid search, display advertising and retargeting
- Most multi-channel advertising platforms require dealers to set predetermined budgets for each individual channel each month
- Cross channel optimization allows dealers to set one overarching advertising budget which is then spread across all three channels
- It’s impossible to predict how shopper engagement, or demand, will change within each channel on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis
- Cross channel bidding technology enables dealers to invest their budget based on exactly when, and in what channel, their next advertising dollar should be spent