An active presence on social media is an absolute must for any digital marketing strategy these days, and with the help of Facebook Pixel, it just got easier to capitalize on the habits of web users to optimize pages on the world’s largest social network.
What is Facebook Pixel?
Facebook Pixel embeds a piece of code on your website that allows you to measure, optimize, and build your audience for your ad campaigns. Specific functions include:
- Measuring cross-device conversions
- Optimizing delivery to users more likely to act
- Building audiences for website visitors to automatically retarget
- Creating lookalike audiences
- Running dynamic product ads
- Accessing audience insights
Pixel just got an upgrade
Even though Facebook is still relatively new, the social media giant just announced that it’s getting a compelling upgrade to allow digital marketing professionals to optimize their ad campaigns further. Effective immediately, Pixel will now capture even more information, including the ability to capture actions, such as “add to cart,” “click to call,” and “purchase,” among other calls to action.