Resolutions are a great way to start of the New Year on the right foot. Many people choose to exercise more, eat better, or read more books, but for the digital marketing professionals, there are many resolutions you can stick to that will help refine your strategy in 2016.
It’s easy to make outlandish digital marketing resolutions that are nearly impossible to accomplish. For example, you might want to increase your Facebook post engagement by 600% or get a retweet from Elon Musk, but according to TopRank, the following goals and resolutions are well within range:
- When it comes to content, concentrate on users first and search engines second. Although it’s important to keep SEO best practices in mind, appealing to readers is increasingly becoming more important. Well-crafted and compelling content will keep them coming back for more.
- Make a unique user experience. You got a user to your site – great job! However, if your site is clunky and awkward to navigate, they will quickly abandon ship. Improve your site’s user experience through mobile optimization, developing scannable and easy-to-read content, as well as great calls to action.
- Remember, data is your friend. Back in the day, a major part of marketing decisions were based on gut feelings. Luckily, this is no longer the case. Data that highlights user interaction and engagement is valuable and provides valuable insight into your overall digital marketing strategy.
- Harness the power of social media. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have many uses to strengthen your brand. Social media outlets have powerful targeting capabilities, which can help with lead generation and keep in touch with users who are already loyal to your brand.
- Show, don’t tell. Engaging social media, blog, and web content are great, but do you know what users want? Stunning visuals and infographics significantly bolster user engagement and can always be reinforced with some great content.