When it comes to building your digital strategy, it’s important to consider some “must haves” to ensure maximum results. However, with so many social media and digital marketing options available, it can be difficult to filter out the white noise.
Thankfully, the team at PBJ Marketing is well-versed in examining your brand’s digital strategy foundation and identifying strengths and weaknesses. What works for one company may not work for another, and we know that. However, at its very core, there are five “must have” aspects to every digital strategy.
- You need to be social – Users share just about everything on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, which means a strong social media presence for your brand is a must. But simply having a social media page isn’t enough. You need to fill it regularly with engaging content to get users talking and sharing your brand.
- A picture says a thousand words – Numerous studies show that consumers are increasingly drawn to visuals online, such as images, videos, and infographics. Visuals are important because they’re both memorable and convey a significant amount of information in a very short time.
- Be responsive and always stay mobile – Consumers are constantly on the go, and as such, your brand needs to have an adaptive website that can be viewed on a mobile device. Recently, Google announced that mobile searches surpassed desktop, so why wouldn’t you want to keep your site in the digital Stone Age?
- Make a small investment – Creating quality content goes a long way, but investing in paid posts on social media outlets pushes its exposure to the next level. Numbers show a drop in the effectiveness of organic marketing, which means shortly paid posts will be an absolute must.
- Google My Business – One of the search engine giant’s newest offerings, Google My Business harnesses the power of AdWords, Insights, Google+, Maps, and Search all in one place. Because of the unparalleled reach of Google and their services, plugging into the Google My Business network means your customers and clients can now find you easier than ever.