In our blog posts, we regularly talk about what you can do to improve your brand’s digital presence, but this time around we’re examining what your competition is doing to leave you in the dust.There are some sure-fire ways to tell if a company has a strong digital presence, and if any of the following points stick out when standing back-to-back with your brand, it's time to make some changes.
- They have a better-looking websiteIf your sales have been lackluster for a while now, take a hard look at your website. Prospective clients visit your site to get an idea of your company, and a good first impression is imperative. Does your website look professional? Are products and services being marketed effectively? Visit a successful competitor's site see how they’re positioning their brand.
- They have AMP-ready pagesAre you up to speed on accelerated mobile pages (AMP)? If not, you should be, because Google loves them. AMP-ready pages load very quickly and offer mobile users a superior experience. With the majority of users browsing websites on their mobile devices, having AMP-ready pages is a must.
- They have a superior social media presenceExamine how your competitors are marketing their brands on social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and even Pinterest. If your competitors are earning more shares and likes as well as higher engagement rates, then you need to step up your social media game with fresh content.
- They regularly make top industry listsPBJ Marketing is no stranger to making top industry lists, and if your competitors are routinely recognized, they’re doing something you’re not. It’s time to start bending over backward for your clients and customers to make it on top industry lists. In turn, you can harness this success to secure new business.
- They dominate the SEO gamePerform a quick Google search using keywords related to your industry. If your website doesn’t appear on the first page, that’s bad news. Luckily, with the help of an SEO expert, you can optimize your site to improve visibility, make your site easier to find, and generate additional inbound leads.