A new report indicates that mobile apps account for more than half of all digital media time, making it more important than ever for your brand to have a robust and inclusive presence on smartphones. However, there’s a bit of a catch.
According to comScore’s 2016 Mobile App Report, even though mobile apps command 60% of digital media time, 85% of this time is concentrated in a small number of apps, including Facebook, Google, Snapchat, and Amazon. With the rest of the apps on the market jockeying for a position in the remaining 15% of user time, it’s more important than ever to enlist the services of a qualified digital marketing agency like PBJ Marketing to ensure your brand’s app hits the following points:
- Pay attention to responsive design. Although you might be loyal to a certain type of device, you need to remember that users utilize a wide range of Apple, Android, tablet, and mobile devices. Keep in mind that a mobile app needs to be fully usable on a wide variety of devices and operating systems.
- Keep it simple. Mobile app design should be based on first-time users. Many mobile apps get used a handful of times before getting abandoned for life, which means that users don’t give substantial effort to learn more complex mobile apps. An app that is streamlined and easy-to-use will encourage users to return to it on a regular basis.
- Test with real users. It’s a good idea to involve real users early on in the mobile app design process. Fielding valuable feedback early in the process can help simplify the entire process by identifying an app’s strength and weaknesses.
- Don’t forget about rich visuals. Generally speaking, a mobile app with a rich look and feel will perform better than its text-heavy counterpart. Whether you want to keep users engaged or keep them coming back for more, a great-looking interface will do the trick.
Custom iOS and Android apps not only elevate earnings but also make our clients’ everyday lives a litter easier. The development team at PBJ Marketing has extensive experience building one-of-a-kind apps for clients for a broad range of objectives, including facilitating collaboration, sharing business intelligence, and even designing interactive games and entertainment.