About this position:
The ideal candidate already has a high-level foundation in SEO and is ready to take their skills to the next level. The SEO manager is a true team player who will be called upon to drive search engine optimization strategies, communicate directly with clients, and work internally to coordinate with members of our SEO, Paid Media, Content and Web Development teams. It is essential that this person has the desire to cultivate strong professional working relationships with colleagues at all levels within the company.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of SEO’s role in brand development, digital PR, and content marketing as part of PBJ’s integrated digital marketing approach.
- Apply a strong business acumen to establish and monitor appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure campaigns deliver results that positively impact our clients’ business objectives.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and strategic roadmap for SEO designed to produce sustainable results that maximize search performance.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization to execute on-page strategies that support a consistent content theme.
- Leverage a combination of tools and manual research to perform competitive research identifying opportunities for pursuing search engine optimization strategies based upon those factors that the search engines are valuing for target queries.
- Collaborate with Paid Media team to leverage complementary insights to ensure SEO strategy is consistent with paid search efforts.
- Collaborate with Content resources to identify opportunities to create, distribute, and promote web content appropriately among target communities.
- Contribute subject-matter expertise to internal and external thought leadership initiatives, including blog posts, lunch & learn sessions, and networking events.
To succeed in this position, you must have:
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience, and passion, in organic (SEO) search marketing both Onsite Technical SEO and Offsite Link-building SEO
- Experience working with WordPress or similar CMS.
- Familiarity with important Google Algorithm updates, including Mobile-First Index, Penguin, Panda, and RankBrain.
- A basic understanding of important on-page SEO factors that impact a site’s ranking potential, including quality content, keyword focus, URL structure, title tags, meta descriptions, [h] tags, image alt text and anchor text.
- A proven ability to combine and analyze data from multiple sources to interpret business performance and drive strategy.
- Familiarity with social media and its role in enhancing SEO initiatives, particularly through relationship-building and link curation.
- High-level knowledge of technical website elements that may inhibit search engine crawling and indexation, including information architecture, HTTP status codes and redirects, meta data, breadcrumb linking, canonical tagging, Robots.txt, crawl budget, site speed optimization, .htaccess, pagination and Schema markups.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, social media marketing applications (ex. – Buffer, HootSuite, Tweetdeck) and leading content management systems (ex. – WordPress, Shopify).
- Exceptional working knowledge of Excel and other data analysis and business intelligence tools, as well as other MS Office and Google products.
- Familiarity with reporting and opportunity analysis tools such as Ahrefs, Moz, SEMRush, Buzzsumo, and Screaming Frog.
- Efficient analytical and organizational skills.
- A tireless work ethic and passion for digital marketing.
Why PBJ Marketing:
- Fast growing company with an expanding list of household name clients across a wide variety of industries.
- Competitive salary and unlimited vacation time.
- Employer contributions toward a competitive medical plan; the option to purchase additional benefits at reasonable rates such as dental and vision.
- Casual, Fun Work Environment (free beer! — and coffee and tea).
- Great opportunities for growth within a company in its early stages of fruition.
Does this sound like you, and THEN some? Send your resume to email@example.com